Conrad & Theresa Grishaber
purchased the land in 1920. They built a gas station in 1921. They
ran it until Harold was out of the service around 1945-46. Harold
and his brother Bob run the gas station until he passed of an illness
around the late 40’s early 50’s. Harold then took his other
bother Paul in and they ran it together until Paul retired in 1973. Robert DeShaney, a son-in-law, who started there in 1955 purchased Paul's half after he retired. Robert
is still working part time at the age of 75 (May 2015).
Harold and Paul started the car repair
shop around 1946-47. We went through the gas wars and gas was
rationed, that’s when we started to close on weekends and evenings. In 1990-91 the tanks were removed and with PICA Funds and our own money we took out the gas
pumps which we then became a full service station. Some of the gasoline brands we sold
were Cities Service, Citgo, Sinclair, Texaco,
Mobil and 76.
Current staff includes Robert (Owner) since 1955 Sheri (Owner's wife) Mike (Head Mechanic) since 1985 Guy (Roberts Son) since 2009 Sam (Roberts Grandson) since 2013 (part-time student)
2015 | Grishaber Service, 1404 E. South River St, Appleton, WI 54915 | Tel: 920-733-3881 | Powered by Weebly